March update for 2021March 26, 2021
Hey there stargazers!
Well, we are sure that you have all been stargazing recently, searching for answers in the sky as to how this year will unfold. We are now examining the detail behind the headlines of the all-important “roadmap” and there is just a little bit of excitement bubbling at the UTSf headquarters… those all important stars could actually align and see us together in 2021.
We have managed to get through 2020 with your help, your support over the last year has been amazing. Over 68% of you rolled over or donated your tickets in 2020. That’s not all, through the various campaigns and merchandise sales, you have helped us by raising over £15,000, which alongside ACE Emergency Funding, has been vital in keeping us going through this last year.
We have also recently applied to the Cultural Recovery Fund and we should have a decision on that by the end of March.
With our best intentions, there might have to be a few changes. Over the coming months, we will make sure you remain up to date with confirmed artists and other details. Most of the 2020 artists have pledged to be with us this year and, rest assured, if we can go ahead, it will be a stellar line-up as always.
We pledge to keep you informed on a monthly basis. The safety and health of all attendees, those working at the event and our wider community, remains our number one priority. We will be reviewing our site capacities alongside ticket sales and we’ll make any necessary adjustments. As we get closer to the stars weekend, and we understand exactly what is possible, the final plan will become clear.
News update 27 March: Our current ticket sales are such that, in the event that we are only able to proceed with a socially distant festival, we are very close to our reduced capacity. Therefore, we have taken the decision to temporarily pause further ticket sales until we have more information about how many people might be able to attend the festival this year. Please sign up to our newsletter to be the first to hear about future ticket releases.
If we are not able to go ahead for any reason, there will of course be an opportunity to claim a refund.
HOWEVER… There IS a glimmer of hope stargazers! Rest assured, as our plans develop, you will be the first to hear about it.
So, please look out for that all important star and get those wishes flowing, our dreams really may come true…
xx Emma and Pete xx